Advantages of Connectorized Fiber Optic Sensors
Where it is desirable to separate the sensor electronics from the measuring probes, fiber optic cables can be connectorized using PHILTEC’s simple knurled finger tight design.
Some reasons for connectorized fiber optic cables:
- Easy replacement of damaged tips
- Substitution of alternate tips
- Removal of electronics from machinery without removing sensor tips
- Interchangeability of different tips such as straight or 90° of the same model
- Simple extending of cable lengths beyond standard limitations
- Easy addition of a UHV passthru fitting to the sensor system
- Different cable jacket materials can be used for vacuum and ambient sides
The figures below show other types of fiber connectors:
- Display transmit and receive fibers separated at the interface (left)
- Bv2 high vacuum passthru (right)
To see the full range of PHILTEC’s fiber optic cable connector options, click here.
To request more information or a quotation for this or other PHILTEC products, contact IL Photonics.