Beam-Shaping to Scale Up Micro-Processing
Many industrial micro-processing applications that use femtosecond lasers have been developed in a variety of sectors, including medical and semiconductors. To access new large-scale applications such as surface texturing, however, robust industrial-grade beam shaping solutions need to be combined with femtosecond lasers. Cailabs and Light Conversion have developed a partnership to demonstrate the quality and robustness of their solution using a Canunda-Pulse beam shaper and a CARBIDE laser.
The paper explaining this collaboration is entitled, “Beam shaping to scale up micro-processing.”
Features of the CARBIDE family of unibody-designed femtosecond lasers for industry and science include:
- Tunable pulse duration, 190 fs – 20 ps
- Maximum output of 80 W and 2 mJ
- Single-shot – 2 MHz repetition rate
- Pulse-on-demand and BiBurst for pulse control
- Up to 5th harmonic or tunable extensions
- Air-cooled model
- Compact industrial-grade design
To request more information or a quotation for Light Conversion products, contact IL Photonics.