Cost Effective Polymer-on-Glass Beam Shaping Solutions
A Unique Cost Effective Solution
Polymer-on-Glass (POG) elements from Holo/Or are the most accurate beam shaping solutions available for the low to medium power range applications. They are cost effective, and can be produced in high volumes as per customer requirements. POG elements can be either beam splitting dot / line generators or beam shaping products including homogenizers / diffusers with flat-top distribution, broad band diffusers, and micro-lens arrays.
Material compatibility characteristics include:
- Laser Damage Threshold (LDT) > 10 J/cm2 laser pulses at 8 ns, 1064 nm
- Low angle tolerance < 2%
- High transparency from 450 nm to 1080 nm
- High environmental stability -40 to +120 deg C, no yellowing in most common use scenarios
- Reflow soldering compatible at 260 deg C
- Flat, thin, and lightweight components
- Cost effective, high volume production capabilities
- Delivery available on wafer, diced or un-diced, and as single parts
In the past few years, a sharp decline in laser power density prices enabled many new laser applications to emerge. Processes and equipment, which were once blocked from using lasers due to their high cost entry barriers, are now thriving. Amongst those, the most prominent is the rapidly growing 3D sensing segment, including mobile, automobile, metrology, surface inspection and mapping systems, robotics, and home appliance applications.
To meet the beam shaping needs of these new and exciting applications, Holo/Or has developed a brand-new line of products, fabricated on Polymer-on-Glass instead of pure Fused Silica, which is still offered to the more high-end, high-power applications.
To see the range of specifications and a list of standard samples, click here.
For more information about this or other Holo/Or products, contact Holo/Or.