EL Inspection Systems Find Breaks in Photovoltaic Modules
Researchers are utilizing greateyes’s high performance electroluminescence (EL) inspection systems to study degradation of solar cells and modules under thermal stress. They want to find breaks in photovoltaic modules.
A new publication from Subinoy Roy and Prof. Rajesh Gupta of the Department of Energy Science & Engineering at IIT Bombay Indian Institute of Technology, entitled “Investigation and Analysis of Finger Breakages in Commercial Crystalline Silicon Photovoltaic Modules under Standard Thermal Cycling Test”, appears in Engineering Failure Analysis, Volume 101.
Highlights of the research:
- Crystalline silicon PV modules subjected to standard thermal cycles
- Characterization of finger breakages by EL imaging and illuminated I-V technique
- Dislocated ribbon on top of busbar produced most significant finger breakages
- Classification of finger breakages and simulation of their impacts
- Quantification method for finger breakages showed saturation at higher cycles
To read the full paper, click here.
To request more information or a quotation for this or other greateyes products, contact IL Photonics.