FLD-Nano Flashlamp Driver from OEM Tech
The FLD-Nano flashlamp driver is perfect for many applications, such as:
- UV polymerization
- UV sterilization
Features of this device include:
- 24 V DC input
- Average output power up to 100 W
- Up to 1000 V output voltage (to capacitor bank)
- External triggering, no simmer
FLD-nano is a compact but powerful flashlamp driver (flashlamp power supply) designed for air-cooled flashlamps, flashlamp tubes, similar to the one depicted below.
The driver charges an external capacitor bank up to the required voltage. Then, following an external TTL signal, the driver initiates a discharge by applying a trigger pulse (400V by default) to a flashlamp. The recommended flashlamp tube circuit layout appears below.
Recommended flashlamp tube circuit layout
FLD-nano requires +24 V DC power supply and pulse generator to set an operating frequency.
An output voltage level can be programmed in the working range by the user either manually (through onboard configuration trimpot) or remotely (applying a DC voltage to the appropriate pin). If needed, the onboard trimpot can also decrease the driver maximum output power.
Two different operating modes are possible:
- Manual mode – When an output voltage level is regulated by onboard trimpot, flashlamp operating frequency could be either set automatically in autorun mode or regulated (by external pulse generator or by button);
- Using a controlling device – When output voltage level is varied by applying a DC voltage to the appropriate pin. Other functions (Enable, TTL) are can also be controlled by this device, depending on user system layout.
To request more information or a quotation for any OEM Tech products, contact IL Photonics.