Hybrid Diffuse Reflectance Spectroscopy for Non-Erythemal In-Vivo SPF Testing
Are you ready for ISO 23698 to replace ISO 24444 for SPF determination?
Product manufacturers and test institutes can now test their SPF products without the ethical concerns of causing erythema in test subjects. Developed alongside experts in SPF testing, the HDRS300 from Bentham produces the best available in-vivo spectral data for product development.
The HDRS technique combines in-vitro measurements on a PMMA plate along with in-vivo diffuse reflectance spectroscopy measurements. In addition, the HDRS300 is optimised for making these challenging spectral in-vivo measurements and giving you the data to assess the performance of your sunscreen.
Due to the high performance measurement capability and full hardware automation for ease of use, the HDRS300 is revolutionizing SPF testing.
To summarize, the benefits of hybrid diffuse reflectance spectroscopy and the HDRS300:
- In vivo testing with excellent link to ISO 24444 and correlation to ISO 24443 in vitro results.
- Non-erythemal testing eliminates ethical concerns.
- Provide spectral in vivo results for targeted product development
- Get ahead of the ISO 23698 standard for in vivo SPF labelling
- Measure products up to and beyond SPF 100
To request more information or a quotation for this or other Bentham products, contact IL Photonics.