ID Quantique Launches the ID1000 Time Controller Series
ID Quantique’s (IDQ) introduces the new ID1000 Time Controller Series, a unifying force for single-photon experiments and applications. This is the latest addition to IDQ’s Photonic Quantum Sensing range of products. Count more, post-process less, and react faster to single-photon experiments, with this all-in-one, time-tagging, coincidence-correlation and delay/pulse generation system.
IDQ’s range of Swiss-made, quantum, optical sensing products represents incredible efficiency, speed and precision, with best-in-class reliability and ease-of-use. IDQ’s mission is to empower researchers across the globe to explore the technologies needed to create the building blocks for a Quantum Internet, unlocking the immense suite of capabilities and opportunities, as well as social and technological gains, coming from globally distributed Quantum Computing.
Today IDQ is proud to announce the release of its new generation of Time Controller Series — the only device on the market able to measure and control high-speed, single-photon experiments and systems from start to finish with the highest timing precision and accuracy. Designed for flexibility, this controller pairs with IDQ’s ranges of single-photon avalanche detectors (SPADs) and superconducting nanowire single-photon detectors (SNSPDs) to expertly solve a variety of experimental challenges. Whether for Quantum Communication, Quantum Computing, time-resolved microscopy, time-resolved spectroscopy, precision LiDAR & OTDR, or any other single-photon application, the ID1000 Time Controller Series will empower users to take their projects to the next level.
The ID1000 Time Controller Series enables users to:
- Observe detection rates for up to five single-photon detectors, up to 300 MHz across all inputs in high-resolution mode
- Measure up to four coincidence histograms between any pair of connected detectors
- Record every arrival time for an exceptionally high number of detected photons (up to 10 MHz in total, with or without coincidence filtering)
- Filter up to four-fold coincidences in real time with the advanced internal processing
- Generate customizable pulse trigger signals with four integrated delay/pulse generator channels, up to 250 MHz per output
- Control up to four gated single-photon detectors, such as the ID Qube NIR Gated
- Do all this with excellent precision: 3 ps resolution with < 4 ps jitter, and excellent DNL for low-signal applications.
A high-performance and cost-effective device, the ID1000 Time Controller Series lets users be prepared for advanced single-photon applications, such as scalable photonic quantum computing. Each device includes sophisticated internal processing for real-time conditional filtering to coincidence measurements, to directly record three- or four-fold coincidences without the need for any data post-processing or post-selection. Beyond measurement, the ID1000 is a delay/pulse generator. With four output channels of customizable and conditional pulses, it is now easy to control and react to experiment and single-photon detectors in real time, such as providing the gating signal for up to four ID Qube NIR Gated detectors.
Simpler than ever to use and integrate into a laboratory, the ID1000 Time Controller Series devices come with a new-and-improved suite of LabView virtual instruments and Python scripts, and are available in six combinations depending on specific user needs.
To request more information or a quotation for any ID Quantique products, contact IL Photonics.