Improving Microfluidic Channel Surface Roughness
Microfluidic channel surface roughness might be a concern in direct femtosecond laser ablation, normally yielding an RMS value in the range of a few µm. One solution to improve this value is using the fs bi-burst regime.
In an article, entitled “Fabrication of Microfluidic Tesla Valve Employing Femtosecond Bursts,” it is shown how fs-burst mode ablation can be optimized to achieve sub-µm surface roughness in glass channel fabrication. This process is done without compromising on manufacturing throughput!
Features of the PHAROS Modular-Design Femtosecond Lasers for Industry and Science include:
- 100 fs – 20 ps tunable pulse duration
- 4 mJ maximum pulse energy
- 20 W maximum output power
- Single-shot – 1 MHz repetition rate
- Pulse picker for pulse-on-demand mode
- Automated harmonic generators (up to 5th harmonic)
- CEP stabilization option
- Repetition rate locking to an external source
To request more information or a quotation for Light Conversion products, contact IL Photonics.