Increased Power and Energy from Femtosecond Laser CARBIDE
Light Conversion, the largest manufacturer of femtosecond optical parametric amplifiers (OPAs) and non-collinear OPAs, has launched the CARBIDE laser with double strength. Now the laser output power increases to 80 W. This opens up additional possibilities for both industrial and scientific customers.
CARBIDE features market-leading output parameters along with a robust design. Tunable parameters include pulse duration (250 fs – 20 ps), repetition rate (single pulse to 2 MHz), pulse energy (up to 0.8 mJ) and average power (up to 80 W). With major industrial customers operating in the display, automotive, LED, medical and other industries, the reliability of CARBIDE has been proven by hundreds of systems operating 24/7 in production environments. Applications for these lasers are mainly drilling and cutting of various metals, ceramics, sapphire and glass, as well as material ablation for mass spectrometry. Moreover, CARBIDE lasers always enable our customers to discover more efficient manufacturing processes.
The power and energy increase of CARBIDE does not compromise other typical features of the laser source:
- State-of-the-art BiBurst functionality.
- Fast Energy Control (FEC) enabling pulse-to-pulse energy modulation.
- Product dimensions remain unaltered.
- Excellent beam quality.
- The laser can be paired with an automated harmonic generator (HG) to generate 2nd, 3rd or 4th harmonics with similar conversion efficiency allowing more power and energy.
- Exceptional laser reliability allows multiple years of maintenance-free operation in industrial environments.