Interview with Herzan: How Noise Affects Electron Microscopy
AZoMaterials spoke to Reid Whitney, Vice President of Herzan, about the challenges of electron microscopy, with respect to understanding how environmental noise affects electron microscopy and Herzan’s solutions overcome these problems. For over 27 years, Herzan has worked with instrument manufacturers and end users to remove difficult environmental noise from their research.
Topics covered in this interview include:
- Background on how Herzan partners with electron microscope (such as SEMs and TEMs) manufacturers and users to understand and remove environmental noise
- Why environmental noise is such an issue for SEMs and TEMs
- The most common environmental noise issues
- What solutions are available to address these issues
- Problems and solutions regarding low-frequency vibrations
- Problems and solutions regarding magnetic fields
Reid Whitney is a Vice President of Herzan. He is in charge of improving the customer experience and leading business operations. Reid charters Herzan’s mission to discover new ways to advance the research of existing customers. He also identifies new industries where Herzan can help researchers understand and control noise.
To read the entire inverview, click here.
To request more information or a quotation for this or other Herzan products, contact IL Photonics.