New BLL Ultra-Compact Broadband Light Source
Superlum Diodes presents their newest product: BLL Ultra-Compact Broadband Light Sources. These devices are wide spectrum SM- or PM-fiber-coupled light source modules for applications requiring a reliable, powerful, stable, and low-noise SLD light source with a broad and flat spectrum, as well as a short coherence length. A high-precision current and temperature controller powers the SLD module inside the light source. The SLD output can be modulated (ON/OFF) at the rate of up to 10 kHz. This BLL light source is designed to be mounted on a PCB or a Superlum BLL Evaluation Board. This optional BLL Evaluation Board enables quick and easy BLL light source setup and testing.
This BLL light source allows various options to control the optical output: by the pushbutton on the case, by logic signals via the 12-pin connector, or from a USB interface via a Superlum BLL Evaluation Board.
Features of this ultra-compact BLL include:
- Ultra-Compact design 45x60x21.5 mm
- Designed for integration onto PCB boards
- UART control interface
- Pushbutton control
- USB control interface through an optional evaluation board
- Up to 400 mA SLD drive current, compatible with most Superlum SLDs
- Supply voltage of 5 V
- Automatic Current Control (ACC) mode
- Automatic Power Control (APC) mode
- 10 kHz modulation (ON/OFF)
- 0 to +50 °C operating temperature range
- High stability, low noise
Download a product description for more information.
Watch a video presenting the new BLL Ultra-Compact Broadband Light Source.
To request more information or a quotation for these or other Superlum products, contact IL Photonics.